Effective April 5 travelers can avoid quarantine by taking the following steps:
• Take a pre-travel test from one of the State of Hawai‘i’s Trusted Testing and Travel Partners within 72 hours of departing to Kaua‘i: (NOTE: Tests taken from any other lab will not be accepted)
• Create a Safe Travels account and complete the mandatory State of Hawai‘i Travel and Health Form
• Upload negative test results to your Safe Travels account before traveling to Hawai‘i (NOTE: Travelers who arrive without uploading the negative test result will not be accepted).
Presently, proof of vaccination is NOT a recognized exemption to the State of Hawaiʻi travel quarantine. Visitors to Kaua‘i are NOT eligible to receive COVID-19 vaccine, even if they received their first dose prior to their trip.
Travelers arriving on Kaua’i now have options to participate in a pre-travel testing program to avoid the 10 day quarantine.
- Transpacific travelers have the option of a 3 day Enhanced Modified Quarantine at a “resort bubble” property. This option includes a pre-travel and post-travel test.
- Inter-island travelers have the option to participate in the Safe Travels program. This option involves taking a pre-travel test within 72 hours of arrival on Kauai to avoid quarantine.
Both visitors and residents can participate in these programs. Details about each option are provided below.
Transpacific travel Enhanced Movement Quarantine (EMQ) “resort bubble” option
Travelers arriving from out of state now have the option of a shortened three-day quarantine by participating in the resort bubble post-travel testing program. Both visitors and residents can participate in this pre and post-travel testing option if they stay in the EMQ properties upon arrival on Kauai.
The following properties are approved to participate in the Enhanced Movement Quarantine option (also known as “Resort Bubbles”). Guests of Great Vacation Retreats receive a SPECIAL DISCOUNT FOR THEIR EMQ at TIMBERS AT HOKU’ALA
- Timbers at Hoku’ala
- The Club at Kukui’ula
- The Cliffs at Princeville
- Koa Kea Hotel & Resort
- Hilton Garden Inn Hotel
- Kaua’i Marriott Resort at Kalapaki Bay
- Point at Poipu – starting Feb 1, 2021
- Hanalei Bay Resort – starting Feb 1, 2021
To qualify for this option, travelers must do the following:
- Create a Safe Travels account and complete the mandatory State of Hawai‘i Travel and Health Form at: https://travel.hawaii.gov/
- Take a pre-travel test within 72 hours before arriving on Kaua‘i and receive a negative test result. This test can be any COVID-19 diagnostic test (antigen or PCR test) with emergency use authorization from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. The lab does not need to be on the state’s Trusted Testing and Travel Partners list for use in Kaua‘i’s resort bubble program.
- Make a reservation at an approved Enhanced Movement Quarantine (EMQ) “resort bubble” hotel.
- Complete the County of Kaua‘i arrival form by visiting www.kauai.gov/COVID-19 and clicking on the “Kaua‘i Arrival Form” button at the top of the page.
- Guests should consult their resort for transportation options as travelers will not be allowed to rent a car until released from quarantine.
- Provide proof of your negative pre-travel test result to resort staff upon check-in.
- After three days on Kaua‘i, take a post-travel test. Guests should consult resort on post-travel testing options.
- Resort staff will verify your negative post-travel test result and will update the system to release you from quarantine.
Inter-island travelers who have been in the State of Hawai‘i for more than three days to participate in the Safe Travels Pre-Travel Testing Program.
Travelers flying to Kaua‘i from O‘ahu, Maui County, or the Big Island of Hawai‘i, who have been in the State of Hawai‘i for more than 72 hours before departing for Kaua‘i, can avoid quarantine by taking the following steps:
- Create a Safe Travels account and complete the mandatory State of Hawai‘i Travel and Health Form at: https://travel.hawaii.gov/
- Take a pre-travel test from one of the State of Hawai‘i’s Trusted Testing and Travel Partners after you have been in Hawai‘i for more than three days, but within 72 hours of arriving on Kaua‘i: https://hawaiicovid19.com/travel-partners/
- Upload negative test results to your Safe Travels account. The Safe Travels program is currently being updated to accommodate Kaua‘i travelers. For now, travelers should plan to present a hard copy of their negative test result for review at Līhu‘e Airport.
- Safe Travels records will be used to verify that you have not traveled out of state in the past three days.
Option 3 TEN DAY QUARANTINE
Quarantine Accommodations Options on Kaua‘i
You can view a full list of properties that are open and able to accept guests in quarantine here. This list was last updated on 1/5/2021 but is subject to change.
To access Mayor Kawakami’s emergency proclamations, rules and amendments for the County of Kauai go to Kauai.gov
IMPORTANT INFO FOR TRAVEL TO KAUAI
Those in quarantine will need to adhere to the following guidelines:
- Under self-quarantine, you will not be allowed to leave the room at your place of lodging under any circumstances, except for a medical emergency or to depart the state.
- Travelers subject to the quarantine are prohibited from renting a vehicle or staying in a short-term rental or vacation rental until completion of the quarantine period, so please plan ahead.
- Travelers who violate the terms of the mandatory self-quarantine will be prosecuted and may face fines of up to $5,000 and one year in prison.
- Travelers subject to the quarantine will also be required to fill out the Kaua‘i Arrival Form upon arrival. This form will be provided at the Lihue Airport and the submitted information will be used by law enforcement to conduct quarantine compliance checks.
Kaua‘i has instituted a tier system of safety restrictions based on the number of COVID-19 cases on the island average over the past week. Visitors are encouraged to check the current case count and current tier level before traveling.
Wearing a Mask on Kauai is required by law:
All persons five (5) years of age or older are required to wear a face covering over their nose and mouth, whether indoors or outdoors, in any setting in which they are in close contact (within 6 feet) of people who don’t live in their immediate household. See Emergency Rule 19 October 12, 2020 Face coverings must be worn by employees, customers, and visitors at all times inside any establishment in which close contact may occur.
We understand that your travel plans may have been affected by COVID -19 and we have changed our normal cancellation policies.
Guests that are subject to quarantine may not stay in any of our vacation rentals during this time.
We have issued refunds to guests that were unable to reschedule had planned to stay with us during that time. This policy will also apply for all future reservations that may be disrupted by the uncertain nature of this pandemic.
A full refund, minus a service fee of $50 or 3% (whichever is greater), will be given for cancelation made in writing 30 days before the check-in date. Cancellations made within 14 – 29 days will receive a 50% refund.
To Mālama in Hawaiian means to take care of, to protect and keep safe. For the well-being of our guests, owners, staff and vendors, we have reinforced and enhanced our cleaning procedures in line with recommendations by leading public health authorities and hospitality industry recommendations.
- Our cleaning practices have been intensified to follow CDC, local and State Health Department protocols and we constantly monitor the updated guidelines
- We have increased our stringent practices around sanitation, disinfection, and cleaning especially in high-frequency touch-points
- We are working closely with our industry partners to adopt the best practices to ensure the health and safety of our community
- All of our Cleaners, Inspectors and Maintenance personnel will be wearing face masks when cleaning and interacting with guests
- Our Cleaning Inspectors, wearing face masks and gloves, will perform an additional clean prior to guest check-in to disinfect and sanitize all high frequency touch-points and surfaces.
HIGH FREQUENCY TOUCH-POINTS INCLUDE:
- Entry points – doors, lockboxes, electronic locks, keycards, garage, knobs and pulls for all cabinets, drawers & closets
- Remote Controls – TV, AC, Fans and Electronics
- Control Panels – including all light switches, fan pulls, safe keypads, AC controls
- Surfaces – major kitchen and bathroom surfaces including counters, sinks, faucets, seats, tubs, showers
- Kitchen Amenities & Appliances – stove, fridge, microwave, dishwasher and countertop appliances
- Bath Amenities – dispensers, hairdryer, amenities and supplies
- Bedroom – clean blankets, bedspreads, coverlets and linens provided for every check-in
- Gear – all beach gear, chairs, coolers, beach umbrellas and bodyboards
Car Rental Complete Clean Pledge
All one and two bedroom condos come with a midsize rental car from Enterprise Holdings (Alamo, Enterprise, National).
**Regency 120, Regency 523 and Pili Mai 15A are the only 3 bedroom condos included in the promotion. Kauai House is currently the only Private Home offering a Free Car Rental.
Our vacation rentals are only available to island residents or visitors who are no longer subject to quarantine.
We highly recommend purchasing Travel Insurance to protect your vacation investment.
Option 1: For those who have not purchased
We wanted to take a moment to let you know that if you purchase a travel insurance plan from our provider, Generali Global Assistance, and you, your travel companions, or family members test positive for COVID-19 prior to departing on your trip, you can be covered for Sickness under the terms and conditions of the policy.
Option 2: For those who have purchased
We wanted to take a moment to let you know that under the Generali travel insurance plan you have purchased, if you, your travel companions, or family members test positive for COVID-19 prior to departing on your trip, you can be covered for Sickness under the terms and conditions of the policy.
Generali coverage for COVID-19 Sickness can include:
- Pre-paid Travel Arrangements
Coverage is available for Insured travelers if they need to cancel or interrupt their plans if they get sick with COVID-19 or if a traveling companion or family member gets sick with COVID-19, as long as the requirements for sickness are met.
- Medical Expenses and Evacuation
Travelers who get sick on their trip and need to seek treatment or medical evacuation have coverage for medical expenses for up to one year, even after they return home—including copays, deductibles and out-of-network costs billed by primary health insurance.
- Out-of-pocket Costs
Additional airfare to return home when a trip is interrupted, and other unexpected costs, like overnight lodging and meals during delays, can be covered if a traveler or family member gets sick with the virus.
We strongly urge you to read the Description of Coverage/Insurance Policy you received upon purchasing your travel insurance plan.
For additional information about your travel insurance plan and Coronavirus, please visit Generali’s FAQ page.
Option 1: CTA for those who have not purchased
Please contact us at 808-742-9202 to purchase a travel protection plan today.
Option 2: CTA for those who have a plan and may need to file a claim
If you need to file a claim, you may do so electronically here.
This plan provides insurance coverage for your trip that applies only during the covered trip. You may have coverage from other sources that provides you with similar benefits but may be subject to different restrictions depending upon your other coverages. You may wish to compare the terms of this policy with your existing life, health, home and automobile policies. The purchase of this plan is not required in order to purchase any other travel product or service offered to you by your travel retailers. If you have any questions about your current coverage, call your insurer, insurance agent or broker.
Plans are available to residents of the United States. Benefits and services are described on a general basis. Certain terms and conditions may apply. Your travel retailer may not be licensed to sell insurance, and cannot answer technical questions about the benefits, exclusions, and conditions of this insurance and cannot evaluate the adequacy of your existing insurance. For questions or complete information on policy benefits, limits and exclusions, please contact CSA at (866) 999-4018 or https://www.vacationrentalinsurance.com/certpolicyold.do?pclass=w for a sample Description of Coverage or Insurance Policy for this plan.
These plans are administered by CSA Travel Protection and Insurance Services. Services are provided through CSA’s designated providers. Travel Insurance is Underwritten by: Generali U.S. Branch, New York, New York; NAIC # 11231 (all states except as otherwise noted) under Policy/Certificate Form series T001. California is Underwritten by Generali Assicurazioni Generali S.P.A. (U.S. Branch), Colorado is Underwritten by Assicurazioni Generali – U.S. Branch, Oregon is Underwritten by Generali U.S. Branch DBA The General Insurance Company of Trieste & Venice, and Virginia is Underwritten by The General Insurance Company of Trieste and Venice – U.S. Branch.